PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Ladies & gents,

Most of us are aware what happened in Turkey. I have heard, via another forum, that Altinok pipes are seemingly unaffected and operating as usual (well, considering).

I have sent an email to Altinay over the weekend and have not received any reply.

So, I'm wondering if they are ok. Anyone heard anything from them?

Reactions: Briar Tuck

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
I spoke with Said to thank him for the pipe I recently commissioned from them. That was after the earthquake and they were still operational. He took a few days after I initially reached out to get the pipe made but was very responsive after that. Not sure if anything has changed since that time

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’m sure the communication and mail / shipping operations are good to be compromised for some time everywhere in the region.

Thoughts and prayers are with all affected, such a tragedy.

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Dear Friends,
Thank you for taking care of the terrible disaster in Turkey.
The center of the earthquake is about 800 km from us. So was not felt in our region.
Thanks to God we are fine. But this disaster affected approximately 13 million people, thousands of people died and thousands are still under rubble.
We are really sorry and all we can do is pray for them.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Glad to hear that all is well with you and your company. I was thinking about this after it happened, and wondered if many of the great Meerschaum carvers and companies were affected by this. I'm hoping they're all well as well as their families.

I can only wonder what happened to those possibly working in the mines, and what the condition of the mines are. I'm sure this will greatly affect the meerschaum mining for a period of time, and I imagine the cost of meerschaum pipes may increase as a result. I'm hoping those in the industry are doing well, and that they will continue making pieces of art for us to enjoy. Thoughts and prayers to all those impacted by this tragedy.