PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
I really like Samuel Gawiths 1792 flake. But nicotine hit is too high for me. Has anyone got a suggested alternative with a lesser nic hit?

londonbriar

Lurker
Apr 17, 2019
London-ish, UK
I am actually at a loss to recommend anything here. 1792 is unique - that sort of Vanilla, Chocolate and Leather taste.

I definitely felt the same re. nicotine when I was starting out. Over the years my tolerance for nicotine has increased dramatically and now I can enjoy a bowl of the stuff quite happily. It is nice to have some heavier options in the tobacco bar.

Steve

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Kind of depends on which features you want to continue. PC's Russ O. has an interesting blend, Fire Storm, that has Virginia and dark-fired, I think with some Perique, that might work for you, whether it fills this niche or not.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I haven't opened my only tin, so I haven't tried it yet, but my understanding is Sam's Flake has a similar topping over much lighter base tobacco. VaTur blends are generally thought to be on the light side of the N spectrum.

I agree Sam's Flake might work. I just had a tin. It's definitely lighter than 1792 in all respects.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
War Horse Bar

Thanks for enabling, it's in my next order from the US once it's back in stock - seems to go fast!

I wondered the same because I absolutely love 1792 Flake, wouldn't be that good (for me) if it wasn't strong in nic. I came up with the below so in my mind at least it's either Gawith or War Horse bar. Not sure about Anisette in War Horse though, I'm not a fan of anything with anise or licorice, in any form, even though it's a very popular flavouring in my country.

1590997140583.png

Eaglesgift

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Chiang Mai
Thanks for enabling, it's in my next order from the US once it's back in stock - seems to go fast!

I wondered the same because I absolutely love 1792 Flake, wouldn't be that good (for me) if it wasn't strong in nic. I came up with the below so in my mind at least it's either Gawith or War Horse bar. Not sure about Anisette in War Horse though, I'm not a fan of anything with anise or licorice, in any form, even though it's a very popular flavouring in my country.

View attachment 31895
I hate aniseed and liquorice but I can't taste any of either in War Horse Bar. Maybe I've got a defective palate but it tastes more savoury to me. I don't get any floral essences or even valerian root. It does have a decent amount of nicotine in it - maybe a little more than HH Bold Kentucky. That's how it feels to me at least.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Try some granulated rubber cased with creosote. That will get you close.
Just kidding (sort of). I hope you find what you’re looking for ?

Reactions: wyfbane