PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thanks for enabling, it's in my next order from the US once it's back in stock - seems to go fast!

I wondered the same because I absolutely love 1792 Flake, wouldn't be that good (for me) if it wasn't strong in nic. I came up with the below so in my mind at least it's either Gawith or War Horse bar. Not sure about Anisette in War Horse though, I'm not a fan of anything with anise or licorice, in any form, even though it's a very popular flavouring in my country.

View attachment 31895
War horse to me almost has a cherry like flavor... but more urinal cake cherry than real cherry.

Eaglesgift

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Chiang Mai
I hate aniseed and liquorice but I can't taste any of either in War Horse Bar. Maybe I've got a defective palate but it tastes more savoury to me. I don't get any floral essences or even valerian root. It does have a decent amount of nicotine in it - maybe a little more than HH Bold Kentucky. That's how it feels to me at least.
I have smoked War Horse Bar a lot slower since I made this post and there is quite a strong flavour which could be anisette/liquorice but it doesn't repel me like those flavours do in sweets.

Reactions: BROBS

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I don’t want to get all crazy, but you can throw your own tonka beans into your pouch, tin, jar, whatever and get a really good flavor.
An old UK pal talked me into it when we were both smoking not much but JFG SLF & BF.
It really is worth a try if you’re looking for that flavor.

Reactions: briarbuck and BROBS

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
War Horse Bar - we created something that people either love, loath or just hate. The original advertising slogan was 'Its shit. Try it!'. I have a couple of tins that I use to keep the moths of my suites, I jest not. I smoked some fresh WHB a few weeks ago and it seems to be a lot tamer than I remember it but that may be down to brain damage. The Valerian Root has most certainly been reduced probably to comply with FDA regulations but I can certainly taste the Cherry Urinal Cake flavor which is the Heliotrope and thats quite nice. If only they had made this as a 1 oz whole leaf plug as we wanted I think we would have sold even more of the stuff than we did. Since our friends at C.I purchased the Standard blends I guess they have made a few adjustments and W.H has become a bit more refined!