Alright, Serious Question of The Day: Do You Add Anything to your Coffee?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As the bagel debate rages on, I am sitting here at my kitchen table enjoying the moments before my family wakes up with my morning coffee. Its hot and black, like God intended. When I was in high school and started drinking coffee, we had double doubles ( 2 creams, 2 sugars). Then over time it was one sugar, one cream. Now, I have come to the apex of coffee enjoyment which is with nothing in it. I feel you get more flavour from the bean without anything in there. Now if I put a little bit of milk or sugar in there its like a dessert to me.
Where do you stand?

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Typically black, especially when I’m buying good whole bean coffee. There are times when I’ll get on a flavored creamer jag and I’ll ride it until I’m tired of it and return to straight black. Iced coffee in the summer with one of those fufi flavored creamers isn’t half bad either.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
99% of the time I drink it black without sugar. I am kind of a purist with regard to my coffee.
However, the other 1% of the time is on those occasions when I arrive home cold and wet and really need an inner-warmer. My warmer of choice lately is a slug in my coffee of Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire (their cinnamon flavoured one). It does the job very nicely!
Mike

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Kind of depends on my mood and the type of coffee.
At home, I buy good coffee and whilst enjoying a piece of dessert or a pipe or just sitting around it usually black, unless I just feel the mood to add a little flavored creamer to it. Here lately, that's been Delight white chocolate mocha just because I love white chocolate and it tastes good.
Now at the office, they don't buy the best coffee and I typically either keep more creamer at hand in the fridge or half and half there. Just plain old black with a little half and half can be a tasty treat.
All this again, depends on the quality of coffee. The more horrible the blend, the more likely I am to use a creamer.
I never add sugar to my coffee unless it's contained in the creamer used. The bitterness of a good morning coffee is one of the things I love. The darker the roast, the better.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
I grind my beans and make French Press coffee every morning. Always black.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Like Rob Halford sang in Hell Bent for Leather, Black as Night, faster than a shadow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1RQy0bu04
If I reheat old coffee, some Baileys makes it digestable.
Interestingly, for Iced coffee, I have to use a splash of cream.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Most of my coffee consumption throughout the day is black, but my first cup of the day always has half and half in it. I think the half and half tones down the acidity in the coffee, and makes me enjoy it more on an empty stomach.
I have my lightened cup while making breakfast, then drink it black with breakfast and from then on.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
As long as it sports a bit of Woodford, I don't care one way or the other.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Switched to green tea years ago. When I did drink coffee (for many years) it was always black...never cream, sugar or any other additives.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Cappuccino, my morning drink, has steamed milk, no sugar.
Otherwise, at home, black drip, press pot, or espresso.
Out, almost always with milk and sugar.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I don't enjoy coffee anymore because tea is life. Haha. On the rare occasion that I have a cup with my wife, it is black. But I only make her good coffee, freshly hand ground, pour over. So I don't feel it needs anything. Except if I brew Turkish coffee for her.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Always black, with fresh beans, hand-ground in a burr mill. French Press, Espresso, Pour-over, Cowboy Coffee, I don't care. Just as long as it's strong and black, with no ridiculous "fruit notes".

Status
Not open for further replies.