PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
I'm not too far away from you, and I use a friend's Portland address to ship to.. if that helps you figure out the direction I live... I'd be down for a meetup when conditions change, I'm in the area occasionally.

I started around 2006 and got more serious around 2010 when I started cellaring a bit but didn't have the wallet to go very deep. It has been off and on since, but I really didn't start cellaring seriously until this year. I only amassed a few tins of CC and a few other McClellands. I was on a hiatus from smoking when they shut down so I never stocked up, unfortunately.

I'm trying to stock up more now but $$$ is always a limiting factor. I joined the forum in 2011, and it is crazy how all of the main guys from that time are not active anymore, but there are lots new characters active now. There's always a few that have to show off their cellars constantly!!! nnnn I have gotten more active again over the last few months (TAD and PAD will do that, viscous cycle), but I would always sign on and lurk a bit once in a while.

Wait - what was this thread about? Yeah, Xmas Cheer is good. Glad you have a lot.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Strave19 and mingc, I am down for whenever. I know WA and OR are going into lockdown next week so, yeah. But whenever Big Brother allows, I am down for a meetup!

Strave, you sound a lot like me. I always had to make tough choices for tobacco. Like, I bought a Kia instead of a nicer car, so I could cellar. Priorities. lol The car I bought is long gone and likely would be regardless of brand, but the cellar remains :) .

I also take breaks periodically and miss a lot. There has been a ton of turnover since I joined in 2013. Some guys I miss a lot, but some notsomuch. lol

This last break I took all hell broke loose, Foggy and Banjo died and lots of people I really liked post less and less.

• Haha
Reactions: bnichols23

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Hey Wyfbane, it looks like you have a fine cellar with a lot of admirable tobacco. Congrats to you for amassing a fine hoard, I hope you enjoy every single smoke of it. Well done!

Reactions: wyfbane

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hey Wyfbane, it looks like you have a fine cellar with a lot of admirable tobacco. Congrats to you for amassing a fine hoard, I hope you enjoy every single smoke of it. Well done!

Hey Jacob, thanks man. I have relatives up there in Spokane. My mom grew up there. We most definitely need to connect on my next trip up there or if you ever get down here to the 'Couve!

Reactions: Jacob74

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
It’s like those damned kids with the cups.
speed-stacks-oh-my-gosh.gif

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Also where in the home is your cellar? We would like a detailed description

I think it would be more beneficial to let you know where the vicious German Shephards are located along with the many security cameras, trip wires, heat sensors and how the sawed of shotguns are hooked up to the kids on the closet. Did I mention my neighbors have agreed to a shoot first, ask questions later approach? That's just for my cigars. I have really high security for my pipe tobacco.

I would mention my wife is located in the upper NE corner bedroom and is a heavy sleeper if you're thinking of abducting her. Keep in mind, no refunds, no returns.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Just a noob question/wondering.
When cellaring, do you buy so many of the same tobacco with the intent of smoking it all or having it to swap for something unavailable later on down the line?

For all of those reasons. Depending on the blend, it may disappear next august due to the FDA Deeming regs, or the company may go out of business (McClelland), or the country responsible for a particularly nummy strain may go through a civil war (Syria/Syrian Latakia).

Bud, cellar until it hurts. A lot. You can always trade or sell the stuff (usually for more than you paid if you let it age a bit).

GlassMan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2020
Tempe
~driving to my jealousy therapist~

awesome stash man. I was fortunate to get a tin of 40th anniversary in a trade. Never tried the Christmas cheers. They closed before I came to the hobby.