PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Greetings

Clinical psychologist (in-training), churchman, hardcore punk, hailing from Chicago.

Started pipe smoking in May of this year after being introduced to the hobby by some fellow churchmen, was an avid cigar smoker prior. This forum has been and endless trove of information and entertainment from my entree. In truth, I thought I'd be just fine lurking about indefinitely, but i have a tin I can't stomach so I wanted to post it on the giveaway/trade board. Figured I'd intro myself beforehand.

Favorite blends:

Haunted Bookshop
Plum Pudding
10 Russians
Cross-eyed Cricket
Purple Cow
Escudo NDL

Happy to be here and a heartfelt thank you for the guidance and information thus far.

Nicholas
Welcome aboard. Your list of favorites excluding Escudo is pretty similar to my list of must tries. Escudo is a great blend in my opinion. It's one of the few tins that when I crack it open I end up smoking pretty much straight through it with hardly touching anything else. There is something about that one that just hits the spot for me. I am very curious about Cricket and Purple Cow.

Sep 16, 2021
Chicago IL
Welcome aboard. Your list of favorites excluding Escudo is pretty similar to my list of must tries. Escudo is a great blend in my opinion. It's one of the few tins that when I crack it open I end up smoking pretty much straight through it with hardly touching anything else. There is something about that one that just hits the spot for me. I am very curious about Cricket and Purple Cow.
I started out thinking Cricket was good but that I’d never likely purchase more. It’s been in a jar a few months now and I really can’t get enough of it. One of the few regular aros I see myself keeping stocked.

As for purple cow, if you love a bold English and enjoy a good cigar, it’s a dream.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I started out thinking Cricket was good but that I’d never likely purchase more. It’s been in a jar a few months now and I really can’t get enough of it. One of the few regular aros I see myself keeping stocked.

As for purple cow, if you love a bold English and enjoy a good cigar, it’s a dream.
A lot of blends especially C&D and G l Pease seem to get better after just a little while. If a blend is ever meh give it a little bit and sometimes it will surprise you sometimes it will still be meh. The cricket sounds like my favorite style. The lightly aro cross over. Still more tobacco then aro but with a little bit something something added to it.

Reactions: Bookshop Spectre

Daydreamer

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2021
Indiana
Greetings

Clinical psychologist (in-training), churchman, hardcore punk, hailing from Chicago.

Started pipe smoking in May of this year after being introduced to the hobby by some fellow churchmen, was an avid cigar smoker prior. This forum has been and endless trove of information and entertainment from my entree. In truth, I thought I'd be just fine lurking about indefinitely, but i have a tin I can't stomach so I wanted to post it on the giveaway/trade board. Figured I'd intro myself beforehand.

Favorite blends:

Haunted Bookshop
Plum Pudding
10 Russians
Cross-eyed Cricket
Purple Cow
Escudo NDL

Happy to be here and a heartfelt thank you for the guidance and information thus far.

Nicholas
Hello from Indiana and welcome to the forums!

Reactions: Bookshop Spectre
Status
Not open for further replies.