saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Eeek! I'm in trouble now. ?

Actually, no. I was thinking of what such a diet would do to your liver which reminded me of that Supersize Me movie. Personally, I don't like double entendres.
The guy who made that movie sorta recently admitted to being a long time alcoholic and admitting that the crazy extent of health problems including his liver issues might have had more to do with alcohol withdraw and not the fast food.

Reactions: gerryp

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So, that's why it kills you to stop drinking!

I'll drink to that.
long story short what kills people with alcohol withdraw is that alcohol inhibits the release of neurotransmitters and then the brain adapts and becomes more sensitive to those chemicals. Then when the alcohol stops the brain floods with a huge release of those thingies into a system that is overly sensitive and used to working with a minimum. That combo literally causes the cells to burn out or over work and die. Pretty neat and horrifying.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's salami and there's salami. I don't understand the version that is sliced real thin and is still too tough to chew and without much flavor. But the salami that has some moisture and is chewable is a lovely sandwich filling for sure. It requires some study to see when you are expected to peel off that rind and when that's been done for you. Alas, when it's good, it's pricey. Fine artisanal salami!

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Both hard and soft salami is in stock now at Katz's!
Prices are up $2 a log from last year's drop but everybody who doesn't want to be left hanging better stop whatever they're doing and order a shit ton immediately, even if you haven't tried it yet. It's good fresh but absolutely sublime with 3+ years of age. Not only has it earned all four stars at SalamiReviews.com for a reason but it's just a matter of time until the FDA gets their hands on it and forces states to start charging you taxes on internet sales or bans them altogether. There are a lot of unknowns on planet earth right now but one thing we know we can count on is the simple fact that salami will never be as affordable and widely available as it is today. If there's anything that we've learned from the tragic loss of McClelland it's that you never know when your favorite brand might go extinct without warning. Cellar wide and cellar deep now or risk an eternal damnation of paying scalper prices on the secondary market if you're lucky enough to find one.

B_Rock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 11, 2020
San Jose, CA
Certainly not an all salami diet but for me, I could live on San Francisco Molinari Salami, sourdough, a hunk of cheese and wine - that’s 4 out of the 5 Italian food groups according to my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.