All is Right in the Cosmos (A Yenidje Highlander Not Review)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well, what can I say? Cosmicfolklore just has good taste. Why, you ask? Because they agree with my own and are therefore by default... exceptional! :wink: I am only a bowl into this tin of Yenidje Highlander, which is not enough to be making declarative statements but damn, this is a good blend so far. As much as I have been enjoying Balkan style blends and Tashkent, I have been curios to explore more orientals. I had been eyeing this blend along with a few others and at Cosmic's suggestion grabbed a tin. Although there are Virginias and some Latakia, the orientals really are the star of the show. Sour and lightly spicy are definitely what I pick up most. Sweetness is there but in a very balanced way. Not sure if that's all from the Virginias or of the orientals are helping. The Latakia is present but is held well in check and never became dominant. I will reserve final judgment till I have smoked more but a very promising start.

Oh wow, I am honored to be spoken of so nicely. This is why I come here. My girlfriend doesn't even speak this nice about me, haha. Thank you.
Yes, that YH is some good stuff, and I am glad it wasn't sold out when you tried to order it. I was only reluctant to suggest it, only because I was afraid that it might be hard to get. It is a divine smoke, and I love the way the flavor just changes like a lava lamp in motion while the bowl progresses. It is definately a 3 dimensional smoke, and it has made it to the top of my Orient/Balkan list. I just hope I can get stocked up on even more of this.
I am so glad you liked it. I would have felt rotten if you had found it to be any less.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Hmmmm ... yet another glowing review.
This one has been on my radar for some time ... bumping it in the queue! :)
Thanks a lot ya' bunch of TAD enablers! :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Did a review on this stuff a few months back when I first began exploring orientals. Very good blend. :wink:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/yenidje-highlander-review

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I came under the impression that cosmic disliked anything that contained Latakia?

Either way, it sounds like an interesting blend and it's on the back burner for now as I have more than enough to blends to satisfy me for a good long time.

I used to not be a Latakia guy, and I still put Virginias way above these blends. But, I found a few Balkans and Orientals that rocked my boat, and started looking around at what was available. I have a handful of latakias that I keep on the shelf now. Maybe it's this cold weather, ha ha!

I've learned never to say never... again.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Highlander's not terribly "latakiaful". It's more oriental forward with the latakia acting as a balance and cooling agent. Think Cosmic's just not into the latbombs. This one is just a nice mellow blend with some spice.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I've learned never to say never... again.
Yep, I've learned that a long time ago. And this is coming from someone who at one time hated Latakia, but now I have several Latakia blends in my rotation and thoroughly enjoy them. Funny how ones taste can change from time to time. :wink:
P.S. However, I still hate fried liver and will NEVER eat it again and you can cut that in stone!

Status
Not open for further replies.