PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
There is a legislative measure going up tonight at 6:30 that would ban all flavored tobacco products including pipe and cigar products. Just heard a whole report on public radio. That means all the B&M in the county would be no more since all tobacco for pipes is considered flavored. Edleez, Habana, Park Lane!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As long as it's only the county, it won't be the country, but I feel badly for any pipe shops that may be there. Russ Oullette noted that more than 90% of pipe tobacco sold is in the aromatic category, and most non-aromatics, as we call them, have a casing or topping that could be classified flavoring. How about cooking bacon, forbidden? It smokes, it smells, you might be under arrest.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Yet another casualty of the vaping craze it seems to me. No one seemed to care this much about flavored tobacco products until rich white teenagers started gobbling up e-juice like nobodies business. I'm probably wrong again, and possibly too political.........again, it just seems like the two timelines coincide to me.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, it’s just a county but it is the capital of New York state if it goes through. That’s no small harbinger. Hopefully it doesn’t pass but we’ll see. Coincidentally mso, it is Russ’ old neighborhood. He mentioned that to me on a thread a few months back.

Yeah it’s all vape related apparently but they are sweeping pipes in with it. Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.