Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Very nice pipe. Good size, right up your alley.

Easier to tote around than the one in my Living Room. Nevada has a ton of Mountain Lions.

View attachment 95143
Nice. I’ve only ever seen one in person in the wild. Supposedly Louisiana doesn’t have them, but that’s horseshit. They are a rarity here, but I saw one deer hunting once. It was unforgettable. I think they must travel down the Red River, which my old lease backed up to.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Very nice pipe. Good size, right up your alley.

Easier to tote around than the one in my Living Room. Nevada has a ton of Mountain Lions.

View attachment 95143
We've got them in Kentucky's mountains too. Nothing will raise the hair on the back of your neck like hearing one of them scream while hiking. And just realized, my first cutty.?

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
We've got them in Kentucky's mountains too. Nothing will raise the hair on the back of your neck like hearing one of them scream while hiking. And just realized, my first cutty.?
I’ve heard they sound like a woman screaming, but this one didn’t make a peep. It just stealthily walked through the clearing I was hunting, not even 30 yds from me. I could’ve hit it with a rock it was so close. Absolutely majestic. It was also the last time I ever hunted without a pistol on my hip. I didn’t realize I was sharing the woods with him/her. Not much can hurt you in Louisiana other than snakes, gators, or a big hornet nest. Seeing that made me a little more cautious walking in the woods in the dark. Now we have to worry about walking up on hogs, too, but they weren’t much of an issue back then.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That they do. Gives me a chill just thinking about that sound.
reminds me one time I was walking home and I heard this weird sound, sounded like a woman either laughing or crying off in a little wooded area at night. I had to investigate turned out to be some very large bird that I only could see the out line of. Still not sure what the heck kind of bird it was.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
reminds me one time I was walking home and I heard this weird sound, sounded like a woman either laughing or crying off in a little wooded area at night. I had to investigate turned out to be some very large bird that I only could see the out line of. Still not sure what the heck kind of bird it was.
Wasn't in Point Pleasant was it? ?

• Haha
Reactions: STP and brian64