PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Has anyone experience with the AKB Tekin pipes sold by smoking pipes and what style of tenon is used.
The listings state push fit but are they the restricted plastic ones or the open delrin style?

Tekins website states 4mm draft hole and delrin but also they sell exclusivly via meerschaumstore.com
I am confused,is this another Tekin that smokingpipes sells?

example here

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Smoking pipes has a feature to ask questions about the product. It’s probably the best way to be sure. I hear they’re all briar style non delrin now but you can have someone check for you for nothing.

Reactions: paulfg

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
the reply from smoking pipes indicated that the restricted tenon was being used.They have cancelled my order.
I am now thinking get an Altinay pipe as I believe they use proper tenons and are drilled at 3.7mm

What are your thoughts on them?

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Care to share photos, you two?

Edit: or link to comparable visual aid for our friend Paul

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
the reply from smoking pipes indicated that the restricted tenon was being used.They have cancelled my order.
I am now thinking get an Altinay pipe as I believe they use proper tenons and are drilled at 3.7mm

What are your thoughts on them?
To me you can't go wrong with an Altinay. If you can't find the pipe you like in the store you can contact Said for a commission, the pipe in my avatar is the one he carved for me.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
on average,how much they'd charge for commission?standard type uncarved billiard
Mine was about 25 to 30 euro more comparing large sized bowls of the shelve. If you order one take into account you have to pay about 35 euros additional VAT and customs handling costs, which is quickly arranged via DHL. You'll get a invoice via email from DHL and can pay it with a CC.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian