PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I was just thinking last week, it was time to get a new air purifier for the house. I used in the past a Coway which was amazing, can't recall if I remember Rabbit Air.

What made you decide to go with Rabbit Air, also have you used Rabbit Air before, if so how long, etc...?

I guess it's time to start reading online to get a new one.

Oh I see you also didn't get the Rabbit Air Hello Kitty Version... LOL :)

minusa2_sweethome_540x.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Well the reason I went with the Coway, which I believe the model is now called the AP-1512HH, I found a really interesting article from a person who's college studies and profession revolved around this industry, air filtration, particles, HEPA, etc...

I knew by reading the article this person had serious credentials in these areas, so I bought the Coway.

I see now that it still gets great reviews, but of course like anything, there are always people that have bad experiences, which are even true with the Rabbit Air.

So I didn't want to just rely on reviews from consumers, I searched for professional unbiased reviews, that people make their living in this industry, but have no vested interests in the particular products being sold to consumers.

I wish I could find this article, but I'll keep my eyes open.

For now, to save some $$$ I'll grab a Coway again off of Amazon.

Your Rabbit Air looks amazing and I'm sure it's a great system, enjoy it! :)

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
The upfront cost was a little higher than a lot of other units, but it's pretty quiet, and the reviews of customer service, etc. seemed pretty good.

I had also read quite a few reviews from cigar lounges who are using this product and swear by it.

There were some concerns voiced on the interwebs about the cost of filters, but if they only need to be replaced as is advertised, once a year for 24 hour operation, once every 2 years for 12 hour operation, then the cost isn't too prohibitive, at roughly $90 (filters and shipping).

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
This is interesting AHAM Verifide which I didn't know of before, for Air Filtration Standards.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I read if you had respiratory as an example, and needed a doctor to sign off, so it's covered by insurance, that the only ones Doctors sign off on are Blue Air and IQ Air.

The point that I'm concerned here with, is that these seem to be the only reputable brands the medical industry stands by, from my understanding, but I'm not 100% on this.

I'd love to hear if anyone knows anything about this?

hmm ?

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I’ve been trying to convince my wife there is a way to set up some kind of air system so I can smoke indoors when it’s freezing. How well does this work on the oder? Is it wife approved? Did you get the special oder remover set up they advertise?

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I’ve been trying to convince my wife there is a way to set up some kind of air system so I can smoke indoors when it’s freezing. How well does this work on the oder? Is it wife approved? Did you get the special oder remover set up they advertise?

It works great. Yes I got the odor filter. I had my wife come in just minutes after finishing a bowl... "What smell?"

There are other brands on the market, I chose this because of what I read, and the fact that there are a lot of cigar lounges using these. Moves a lot of air quietly.

I don't need a doctor to sign off... If I told them I needed an air filtration system so I could smoke they'd probably throw me out of the office. :LOL:

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Below is the view over my left shoulder while sitting in my den smoking. It’s a simple window fan, maybe $50 on amazon. Pipes don’t generate a lot of smoke volume, at least compared to cigars. If I run the fan while I’m smoking and for a few minutes after, keep on top of ash/dottle, and vacuum once a week, odor is a complete non-issue. I usually smoke from 9 to 11 each night with the door open and my wife is around the corner in the living room. Just an inexpensive option to try first for those that have a window in a prospective indoor smoking spot.

FC4417D7-96B6-4F4C-81C0-4198C1AEE8A5.jpeg

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
It works great. Yes I got the odor filter. I had my wife come in just minutes after finishing a bowl... "What smell?"

There are other brands on the market, I chose this because of what I read, and the fact that there are a lot of cigar lounges using these. Moves a lot of air quietly.

I don't need a doctor to sign off... If I told them I needed an air filtration system so I could smoke they'd probably throw me out of the office. :LOL:

That’s fantastic! Thanks for answering! I see a shining ray of warm warm light at the end of my cold porch tunnel!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Pallidan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2020
Nassau County Long Island
Below is the view over my left shoulder while sitting in my den smoking. It’s a simple window fan, maybe $50 on amazon. Pipes don’t generate a lot of smoke volume, at least compared to cigars. If I run the fan while I’m smoking and for a few minutes after, keep on top of ash/dottle, and vacuum once a week, odor is a complete non-issue. I usually smoke from 9 to 11 each night with the door open and my wife is around the corner in the living room. Just an inexpensive option to try first for those that have a window in a prospective indoor smoking spot.

View attachment 53794
What ya drinking?