Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I got the exact same impression of DSK. I didn't pick up on licorice, but there is a generous amount of molasses flavor. I came close to passing it over, because I do not care for the flavor of black licorice; I'm glad I didn't. Think I'll have to pass on the 79, though, at least until I develop a taste for anise.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
gawdanged, now the more I read this thread, the more I think I should get a tub. I've already said it was possible to enjoy, but realizing just how distinctive this blend is, gives it, um, a certain cachet.

Feeling bored?

Need a wake up call?

Haven't got the time?

No worry,

No hurry,

Smoke Mixture 79 ( the latest blendtrend on pipesmagazine forums threatening to sink the mighty yacht )

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Embers, you have done the tobacco world a lot of good. The Mold Scare with Bijou, now the mass influx orders of Mixture 79. :clap:

I like licorice, Black Pool, the Astley tobaccos, ODS etc... but to me Mixture 79 has more of that lakelandish floral note than just licorice. Something just strikes my gag reflex. I wasn't crazy about the tobaccos used either.

But, when someone likes something I don't, then there is just a tad more of a chance that once all of the stores sell out of everything else, that I will be left with only M79 to smoke, ha ha!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I got the lakeland impression too, but the licorice really stood out for me. Would definitely recommend anyone interested to only order an ounce to try, but I was extremely surprised how much I enjoyed it.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Just ordered 2 ounces of the Mixture 79 Cherry to see if I like it before I buy a full tub. This thread has got me smoking Mixture 79 all day today. So far my tongue is holding up.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
[/quote]
Thanks! See they have a cob sale going on too!
They always have a cob sale going on. I bought 2 Natural Mark Twains yesterday when I bought the Mixture 79 Cherry. I bought a 2oz sample of the cherry to see if I'm going to like it.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
This is the kind of excitement I like on a forum. Good independent thinking, chasingembers.
I completely agree and it's good to see someone stick up for a tobacco that has been repeatedly misaligned and the butt of many jokes, albeit I tried it in the 70's and found it not to my liking. However, after having read many of chashingembers posts I have the distinct feeling that he is not one who will not make it his life endeavor to bombard this site with never ending posts and references to it at every given opportunity such as... well, I'm sure you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.