PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
I am curious if someone have tried some of there older tins of Gaslight and can tell me how well it ages?

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Ive had some with a few years on it and it's pretty damn great. Loses a lot of the sharp edges though not much of it's strength in body. I can't give a thorough review because I just started smoking it again recently but I'm really loving it. It's still a little sharper than I expected but that could just be my batch.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Gaslight ages very well. I have many tins in the cellar from 2014-current. The tins don't bulge. Big thumbs up!

ee4Ukrc.jpg

Reactions: Fralphog

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Tins don't bulge? I have a tin that is a few months old and bulging like a balloon. Maybe not quite a balloon, but more than any other tin with the same age.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
^^interesting^^

I am always fascinated by bulging tins and why some do and some don’t.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
Good to hear that the opinions are positive. I have 4 tins from 2016. It's interesting cause 2 of these are bulgin alot the other 2 not at all. So i really do wonder what is going in those tins.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I am really hoping that it is not mold...I'll find out when the seal busts or I am ready to smoke it, ha.
But yes, it is interesting which tin bulge and which don't. I bought a ten year old tin of Opening Night and it had a slight bulge. That tobacco was beautiful to look at and smoke (smelled like a nice Abbey Ale), so that was my expectation of aged Opening Night. I then purchased a 7 year old tin (no bulge at all), expecting more of the same. It was almost like it was a different tobacco (not a flake, more bright yellows than reds). I have intentions to start a new thread regarding that tobacco, with pictures (maybe tonight).
But I'll upload the bulging Gaslight picture later. For some reason my phone wants to turn the picture sideways when I upload it right now. Either way, those flavors will surely age well.

Status
Not open for further replies.