PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
I am not a beginner smoker but it is a beginner question for sure. Is anyone else bothered by the aftertaste pipes leave? If not, what do you like about it? The more I smoke the more I realize I am not fond of it and no number of tongue scraping or brushing of my teeth can get it out, only time. However, the sweet bowls of tobacco are worth it.

• Sad
Reactions: JOHN72

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
9mm activated charcoal filters reduce the aftertaste. Otherwise if I smoke an unfiltered pipe I don’t dislike the aftertaste of more natural tobaccos.

Apples are always a great pallet cleanser as Jim has said on here before.
Hey that’s great, I’ve never heard that before. I sure do a good cosmic crisp so that works out

• Love
Reactions: BrightDarkEyes

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Well, if im not smoking a pipe, I have a dip in my lip, unless im sleeping......this is quite literal, about 15 hours a day I have Stokers or Copenhagen in my mouth.
So, im probably the LAST one to complain about aftertaste. :)
That said, I love the aftertaste of Latakia blends and my daily go to, MacB Virginia #1.

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
For some blends I wallow luxuriously in the aftertaste, others not so much. SG Navy Flake, FVF, Cabbies are very nice, Lakeland saucers scary, all else betwixt and between.

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
I brush my teeth and chew some Orbit.
Cigars have a much stronger and long lasting aftertaste.
Greed, I love cigars in the moment but not so the aftertaste. My wife complains that it smells like something died in my mouth after I smoke cigars lol

Reactions: xrundog
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Doesn't bother me during the day, but yeah, I don't always love my breath the morning after I've had a few bowls.

My bigger concern has always been how SOs would handle that, but fortunately for me, my wife doesn't seem to mind it! 🥰

Reactions: elvishrunes

Briarcutter

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
I like the taste of tobacco. I believe that's the starting point for anyone who objects to the aftertaste. Do you like the taste of tobacco?
I do like the taste of tobacco, so much so I've been pondering chewing. I haven't had a chew in decades, I can't bring myself to cough up the incredibly increased price though.