PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
LoL. So after two years of not being on the site and barely enjoying the leaf I'm back, at this moment burning some nightcap,( I can't believe it's gone. What a bummer). Life got me hard for awhile. Two more kids I've managed a Subway and a dairy Queen in these years and I'm cool enough to join something that ment something to me again. So please guys, gals. Fill me in on what's new. Why is dunhil and Peterson so depleted on their tobacco.what are all these new pipe brands and what's going on with Dan tobacco ( can't find it anywhere).sorry Kevin I don't care about #9 at the moment. Drunk AF on Rebel IPA as we try to type. God this pipe taste so good.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Hearth and home frenchy's sunzs of bitches!!play on word guys, My bad , must be dealing with a different crowed these days. So whers the old timers. Jud,Roth, foggymountain and the bunch?

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Frenchy's Sunza Bitches is a strong blend by Russ, but I am not quite certain what the OP means either. In any event, welcome back to the board.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Uhm, thanks Bruno, didn't want to just call everyone a son of a bitch so ... But anyways thanks for clearing that up. And if I could I would "have all the IPA's). God I can't believe it's been so long since I've enjoyed a bowl.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Welcome back, sir! Strong respect for kitchen workers, I did it for 14 years. Usually from one kitchen to another in the course of a 10-12 hour day.
Only once did I ever get drunk between shifts (no car at the time)...most fun I've ever had slinging tacos!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'cobguy, welcome back. A few news items. Peterson has surfaced as the new provider of many but not all of the Dunhill blends but cannot use the Dunhill name, but will use the blend names and the tin art that isn't covered by the new enlarged warning stickers. Pipes Magazine is about to update their software, so this will be a big change. Members enlisted to try it out ahead of time say they like it a lot. All I know is, when it pops up, you click on "Forgot Password" and get a new one, and access. And finally, sadly, we lost our well-loved member and friend fishnbanjo suddenly recently, and he seems to have passed outside where he often did selfies of himself smoking various incredible fine pipes. He is greatly missed. There's much more to report, but I'll let you pick all that up from past posts and current references. Good to have you back.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
WoW. Thank you mso489. I'm gonna look back at previous post. I'm definitely upset at this time. Some of the older guys on here taught me alot and now I can't say hello anymore, or anything else. Life is definitely a cruel mistress.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I agree with Elbert. Food service is hard and honorable work. It can also be fun, but it's been a long time since I've done it.
Always loved the name Frenchy's Sunzabitches. Never had the blend though.
Welcome back!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Foggy had to give up smoking for his health and Roth was banned some time ago. If I remember correctly.
Good news is the old Cajun is still advising the masses.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Food service is hard and honorable work.
There was a an old-school hole-in-the-wall hot dog joint in my hometown. I was in there with a buddy one time reading the newspaper clippings all along the wall. One of them was an obituary of a former employee.
He showed up everyday in a suit and polished shoes. At the start of the shift he changed into work clothes, with the cloth apron and the paper hat. He washed the dishes, bussed tables, swept the floor, etc. At shift's end, he hung up the apron, changed back into his suit and polished shoes, and locked up shop.
A man with that kind of self-respect is invulnerable to opinion. I couldn't tell you his name, but I'll never forget that story.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I know foggy wasn't doing to good I was worried about him and wasn't sure what was going to be said about him. Roth was a little rough around the edges but I liked his honesty. Glad to be back guy's. Your gonna see alot of me from now on, I've picked the pipe back up and I need a place to vent so I appologize in advance guys.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Well, I'm still here - don't post as much as I once did, but I'm still around. Wondered if that was a reference to that Hearth & Home blend. Nice to Be remembered. Welcome back! :puffy:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hearth and home frenchy's sunzs of bitches!!play on word guys, My bad , must be dealing with a different crowed these days. So whers the old timers. Jud,Roth, foggymountain and the bunch?
Foggy and Jud still post from time to time. Roth was made to walk the plank as well as a few others who forgot that they don't own the site and that they're in public. It's a forum. People come and go for various reasons, sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently, sometimes quietly, sometimes in a blaze of self inflicted weirdness.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I do miss Roth, I don't remember him being as rough as some of our most recent excommunicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.