After a Year or Two of Relative Self-Control...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
When I got back into pipe smoking, I relied pretty much on the pipes I already had, and got a couple of natural MM cobs, just to see if I really wanted to stick this out. And I found out all over again how much I enjoyed pipe smoking. So in the last month, I've ordered a new bowl for my old Falcon bent stem, and have a couple of new purchases incoming: a bamboo Tsuge sitter, and a morta Moonshine Pipes version of the "Devil Anse" (I was out of the hobby for years, and when I got back into it, hearing about a model called the Devil Anse threw me for a loop, until I realized it had surged in popularity because of the Kevin Costner movie. Proof that pipes, like any other hobby, are susceptible to fads!).

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
Bamboo and Morta pipes are a fad as well. Anyway, it's part of the fun.
They are indeed. Bamboo has shown itself to have some legs, so to speak, as an adjunct material in pipemaking. I have no idea how long morta has been a fad in pipe crafting, though. I don't remember anything about it from when I was first smoking years ago (but that was pre-internet days).

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
I'm very curious about the Falcon system. I have to wait a bit since I have a bunch of pipes and tobacco on the way. Gotta string it out a bit ya know.
The nice thing about it is the flexibility and relatively low cost entry cost, compared to a good-quality briar. I always enjoyed the way a Falcon pipe smokes.

Reactions: BROBS