PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I love the taste, the almost incense like Aroma,the complexity at every puff ... it is probably the best I tasted so far ... BUT ... If I bring the price people normally pay for this in the equation... then maybe, No Thanks ... I will stick with Nightcap with a few years of age as my best..
Disclosure - I may or may not got this cheap ... I bought it in a Bulk order, with a bunch of other tobaccos which were NOT in my wishlist. If these other tobaccoes turn out to be great ... then I got Penzance at a fair price!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to, but I'll complete the sentence. After a few bowls of Penzance, I realized I'm a sucker for paying ridiculous prices for horse manure. I'm glad I don't like this garbage. Saves room in my cellar and wallet.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
After smoking Latakia forward blends for years, they all taste exactly the same to me now. Penzance is a good mixer to spice up other blends though. I do love Pembroke and And So To Bed on their own though.

May 4, 2015
I think Penzance is a much better-than-average tobacco, but it's not unique in that way. If it's there, I'll smoke it, but I won't pay anything approaching extravagant prices, nor will I make special effort to acquire it.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I guess I'll need to give Quiet Nights a trial, just to see what ballpark we're in. The only time I've spent extra money for a blend is a vintage. (Even though some is cellared) I won't pay Tinder Box's online prices with all the other choices available.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I love Penzance but I treat it like a rare scotch whiskey because of it's limited availability. Quiet Nights on the other hand is readily available and is very similar at least to me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Call some B&M's on the Pipe Store Locator list. Far more available than you think.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Nothing wrong with Quiet Nights, but I'll never understand the Penzance comparison. They taste nothing alike to me.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Tom, no. Never tried. I look at the ingredients and it seems like there are many that fit the bill. I have Nightcap, Aperitif, and just got some Cabbie's. And, to be totally honest, I am afraid the nuance would be lost on me.

I do enjoy the comparisons from bliss to Taco Bell Farts, though.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
+1 on the Quiet Nights. I still save the little bit of Penzance I do have for the occasional special smoke. But Quiet Nights is close enough for my tastes and much easier to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.