PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Very nice, And welcome to the forum!

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

eyewsee369

Lurker
Oct 9, 2018
N. Va
Very nice, And welcome to the forum!

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.
Location added. Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like that panel a lot. I have several panel pipes about that size, not Dunhills. They are perfect for short smokes, or for regular smokes with flake, coin, plug or rope.

eyewsee369

Lurker
Oct 9, 2018
N. Va
Thanks for the positive feedback. Tells me that I am heading in the right direction with my small/growing collection.

mso...glad to hear that Group 3 is a usable size. To be honest, the larger sizes feel better in my hand, but I can never really finish a whole bowl in my Group 4. I’ve never been a cigarette/cigar smoker...just jumping into pipe smoking so a full bowl gets me “drunk”.

This faceted billiard looks unique to me as I seldom see it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
eyewsee', I think you can smoke a pipe intermittently, even over a day or two, to get good use out of your Group 4. Form me, the flavor holds up, and an extra bit of drying sometimes improves the flavor.

eyewsee369

Lurker
Oct 9, 2018
N. Va
Very Nice! Is the Dublin with the plateau top a Collector? ?
Yes. Nomenclature includes XL, HT (hand turned?) and Collector.
I was so taken by its 360 grain and presence at first sight that I bought it.
I typically don’t own objects that I don’t put to use. However, this one is way big for me.

Reactions: ashdigger