PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I have number of Peterson pipes with acrylic stems, but never had one slipped out of my mouth before. Until today that is. Fine clenching on left side, but not secure on right. Other than smoking more and getting used to it, or somehow building up the button, any other solution?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have number of Peterson pipes with acrylic stems, but never had one slipped out of my mouth before. Until today that is. Fine clenching on left side, but not secure on right. Other than smoking more and getting used to it, or somehow building up the button, any other solution?
I’ve had a stummel fall off while smoking .. it was an acrylic stem.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Could put a piece of heat shrink on it?

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Aesthetically those rubber things are an abomination. Your pipe artisan should be rightfully appalled. Just don't clench!
My pipe are all good clenchers, or I don't own it very long....my teeth are more reliable at holding on to stuff than my hands these days anyway. I use the rubber bits, aesthetically not great, comfortable as hell though.