SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
I recently went to a nearby tobacconist and got some bulk G&H blends. I also picked up some cigars. Without thinking about it, I left all of it in the same bag for a few days. Last night while smoking the cigars, I noticed a distinct floral taste to both of them and was trying to figure out why. I think by leaving them together, I may have caused the cigars to pick up some of the aroma of the pipe tobacco.

Honestly it was not pleasant as the cigars were some of my favorites and the taste was definitely not what I expected or wanted.

In the end it's pretty funny but it took me until this morning to figure out what may have happened.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I did this with some of the smaller leaves from a burley plant this year. Chucked them in an empty baggie which some Gh DSF had come in. After a month the leaves had absorbed quite a bit of flavour. Not comparable to the dsf but pleasant in its own way. The best way I can describe it is that instead of the flavour seeming like a sauce that was added afterwards, the scent felt like it was coming from the leaf itself.

YoungButter

Might Stick Around
Jun 19, 2021
I recently went to a nearby tobacconist and got some bulk G&H blends. I also picked up some cigars. Without thinking about it, I left all of it in the same bag for a few days. Last night while smoking the cigars, I noticed a distinct floral taste to both of them and was trying to figure out why. I think by leaving them together, I may have caused the cigars to pick up some of the aroma of the pipe tobacco.

Honestly it was not pleasant as the cigars were some of my favorites and the taste was definitely not what I expected or wanted.

In the end it's pretty funny but it took me until this morning to figure out what may have happened.
Once, I left a bag of beef jerky next to a box of Nag Champa incense for about a week. Floral, soapy beef jerky is SO WEIRD.