PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Gorgeous pipe! Another kick-ass Genod, damn.
I’m telling you man, Genod is one of the best Values in briar these days. You have to hunt around a bit to find the one’s with really nice grain, and even those are usually under $100 brand new.

But regardless of grain, they all seem to have excellent drilling and construction, and I like their shapes a lot as well. Apparently Dunhill did too when they stole a few, haha.

They are great smokers. This Noels were apparently a higher end series for them. This one was a clean estate at $80.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
In the first pic I was reminded of walnut but on the close up I changed my mind as however unlikely it actually looks like aged/weathered bamboo

Disclaimer: Total guesswork

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I’m telling you man, Genod is one of the best Values in briar these days. You have to hunt around a bit to find the one’s with really nice grain, and even those are usually under $100 brand new.

But regardless of grain, they all seem to have excellent drilling and construction, and I like their shapes a lot as well. Apparently Dunhill did too when they stole a few, haha.

They are great smokers. This Noels were apparently a higher end series for them. This one was a clean estate at $80.
Nice! I've been keeping an eye out for them since you posted pics of that ridiculous straight grain. No luck yet, but one day. I love the shape. Got a similar Georg Jensen diplomat (I think that's what it's called) on the way, and I'm psyched.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nice! I've been keeping an eye out for them since you posted pics of that ridiculous straight grain. No luck yet, but one day. I love the shape. Got a similar Georg Jensen diplomat (I think that's what it's called) on the way, and I'm psyched.
Yeah it takes some watching, as the ones with really pretty grain only pop up every so often. For the price all their pipes have great briar, but the ones with really special grain/blast are just peppered in amongst the others here and there.

The beauty is they don’t jack the price up because of it, they cost the same as all their other pipes in the same lines, they just show up less often. There is a couple smooth pots with pretty nice grain on SP right now, not quite as good as that straight grain pot I nabbed, but close.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Genod is a good make. They're doing Iwan Ries house pipes these days. The accent wood is a guessing game, the grain, the stain. Maple and beech might be guesses. I don't see bamboo, but it is still a possibility. I have a small bent egg Genod with a surprisingly ample bowl, very light weight, a really nice smoker. I'd have no hesitation about buying a Genod.

Reactions: tobefrank
Status
Not open for further replies.