PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wadewright

Lurker
Jan 2, 2023
NE OHIO
Hello I've been a pipe smoker for around 25 years or so.I really got the itch a couple years ago and have been smoking them daily.I'm a huge fan of aromatics and can't believe I'm saying this but am loving just regular blends of straight tobacco like Virginia's and Latakia and want to try perique soon.I'm 50 yrs old and like to fish and love to haul junk cars and recycle at a good pace.I have a lot of health issues with my back and spine that limits me most days but I keep plugging along.I'm very interested in pipe collecting now as I have around 80 or so as of today and more coming.thanks for reading my boring story,have a nice day and happy piping!

wadewright

Lurker
Jan 2, 2023
NE OHIO
Hello I've been a pipe smoker for around 25 years or so.I really got the itch a couple years ago and have been smoking them daily.I'm a huge fan of aromatics and can't believe I'm saying this but am loving just regular blends of straight tobacco like Virginia's and Latakia and want to try perique soon.I'm 50 yrs old and like to fish and love to haul junk cars and recycle at a good pace.I have a lot of health issues with my back and spine that limits me most days but I keep plugging along.I'm very interested in pipe collecting now as I have around 80 or so as of today and more coming.thanks for reading my boring story,have a nice day and happy piping!
Btw I'm from NE Ohio born and raised in this beautiful state!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from San Diego, USA. Sounds like you appreciate a good variety of tobaccos. Perique is an interesting tobacco. I suggest trying it with a traditional Virginia/Perique mix, but also something like C&D Haunted Bookshop, even GL Pease's Triple Play, where it interacts with air-cured burley and fire-cured Kentucky respectively. And of course, there are Latakia blends that use it as well. Glad to hear you're still able to fish and tool around on cars despite your back and other issues.

wadewright

Lurker
Jan 2, 2023
NE OHIO
Welcome from San Diego, USA. Sounds like you appreciate a good variety of tobaccos. Perique is an interesting tobacco. I suggest trying it with a traditional Virginia/Perique mix, but also something like C&D Haunted Bookshop, even GL Pease's Triple Play, where it interacts with air-cured burley and fire-cured Kentucky respectively. And of course, there are Latakia blends that use it as well. Glad to hear you're still able to fish and tool around on cars despite your back and other issues.
Well I'm going try so many new blends this year I enjoy my pipes so much....if I only smoke a couple times a day I feel cheated.think I might be hooked!!!!

Reactions: anotherbob

DeerparkDays

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2022
Dannevirke, New Zealand
Hey Wadewright. Nice intro, I’m an Irishman living in New Zealand. What’s the go with the junk cars mate? Do you find old cars on properties and tow them to the scrapyard? Is it for money or a hobby? Just curious, that’s all!