PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hyperstar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 10, 2022
Formosa, Taiwan
I had a great time with my drinking buddies last night. We drank a lot of whiskies.
The biggest surprise was the synergy of Aberlour Bourbon Batch 6 and Oliva Serie G cigar.
Some people say Batch 6 tasted like wet toilet paper. For me, the scent of fruity flavors is too strong, lacking of balance compared to Aberlour A'bunadh cask strength.
However, everything changed when I smoked Oliva cigar. It smoothed the scent, and liberate the sweetness of Batch 6. Oh boy, it also made the whisky finish linger on the palate even longer. Just like helping it breaking out from a prison made of wet toilet paper.
Now, let's talk about the influence of Batch 6 to Oliva. The 2nd third part of Oliva provided rich notes of coffee and nuts. The whisky made the notes even richer and creamy. I felt like smoking a creamy coffee.
As we know, the heavy leather & dirt tastes would come out when we reach to the final third part. (Which I personally do not enjoy them.) The whisky could erase them, only dark roasted coffee scent was left.
It was a amazing experience I've ever had.

487498.jpg
487565.jpg
487644.jpg

Reactions: mtwaller