A Very Craggy Author

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
Actually finished this one a few months ago, but haven't had a chance to post any pics I've been promising a couple of guys on the Forum. It's been making me crazy this year- Greta and I are traveling like crazy for our business- great for the wallet, but seriously cutting into my pipe-making! This one is an Author with Ooosic accent and B&W Cumberland stem...5.25" long. 67 Grams. 3/4" tobacco chamber...(Also had the chance to play with a new camera app for iPhone called Pro Photo- best app I've seen for focus and closeups...

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
That poor walrus! :crying:
I love that one Zack. Who's the lucky recipient, or are you keeping that beauty for yourself?

mayfair70

Preferred Member
Sep 14, 2015
Excellent work. I really like the stem. I'm not partial to this particular shape, but you make me want this pipe. A sign of the finest of artisans. Well done sir. :clap:

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
That's a pipe carved for the sense of touch. It's a tactile festival.

cossackjack

Preferred Member
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
As usual, Zack, a great looking pipe. I particularly like the walrus bone(r) & Cumberland stem.
Upon your recommendation, I will consider the Pro Photo app, though it hasn't been updated since February 2015, & has only 2 diametrically opposed terse reviews. Worth a try for $0.99.

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member
May 12, 2015
Monterey Peninsula
Make your iPhone better than a DSLR with these six apps!
Oh, yeah, sure, just like that! I searched for the name above but came up with so many, couldn't see what Pro Photo is supposed to do. Any guidance?
(The new software for iOS does a b/g fade, trying to emulate shallow DoF- sorta o.k., but nothing like the real deal.)

weezell

Preferred Member
Oct 12, 2011
Very,Very nice pipe Zack!I am primarily a meer smoker BUT,I really love the Authors I own. The pipe is a home run...

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys! That was a fun one...The blasting took a very long time...:)

dcrguns

Preferred Member
Aug 19, 2013
Thanks Zack, the pipe is great and the sample of Stonehaven is great too!!

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
Glad you're enjoying it Doug! That Stonehaven should be tasty- it has about 3 years of age on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.