PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Beautiful pipe, beautiful Cognac, and beautiful tobacco!

IMG_20200910_184722826.jpg

I was very fortunate to get this beautiful pipe directly from Silver Gray @Silvergraypipes (at a great price too) and I'm loving it. It's beautiful to look at, feels good in my hand, super light, and has a flawless draw.
IMG_20200910_190130354.jpg

Giving it it's inaugural run with one of my absolute favorites, and one of the few plugs I'll take the trouble for, Salty Dogs. I dutifully butchered the plug with a unique Japanese carving knife I have. Luckily Salty Dogs is fantastic no matter how badly prepped. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20200910_184722826.jpg

Such a pipe and blend deserve a pairing with something exceptional so I chose Navarre Souvenir Imperial Tres Vieille Reserve Hors d'Age. Now this is a Cognac! Of course 50 years of aging doesn't hurt either. I am in heaven tonight!

IMG_20200910_190034799.jpg

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I have recently dabbled in Cognac. Quite tasty stuff. I originally began searching out bottles of scotch distilled in my birth year. The older I get, the more difficult and expensive this hobby gets. Cognac has given me a great , and more reasonable, alternative to continue the search for my birth year. Prices are much less inflated in comparison to malt whisky. I quite enjoy it.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I have recently dabbled in Cognac. Quite tasty stuff. I originally began searching out bottles of scotch distilled in my birth year. The older I get, the more difficult and expensive this hobby gets. Cognac has given me a great , and more reasonable, alternative to continue the search for my birth year. Prices are much less inflated in comparison to malt whisky. I quite enjoy it.
Now that you’re down the rabbit hole, don’t overlook Armagnac.
I didn’t exactly drop Cognac, but there’s a lot of flavors left in Armagnacs that have been distilled out of Cognacs.
Fun territory either way.

What a beautiful pipe! I have a Silver Gray on the way and I think when it arrives, I too, will christen it with Salty Dogs..

I sure would love to see your collection someday.... I've been following your purchases (often chasing them and or losing them to you :)) and I bet it's amazing....

NookersTheCat

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Here I thought I was being fancy with a Brigham, some C&D, and some Jacquin's cordials! :ROFLMAO:
Beautiful setup, enjoy!!