PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9/

A canadian fossil. Dropped it on the kitchen floor and the stem snapped about an inch from the bowl.

One of my favorites, i would have rather it been any of my ser jacopos or cavicchis, and i got that pipe essentially free. It was part of an ebay lot i bought because i wanted one of the GBDs it contained.

It was in my first string, great draw, love the finish on the fossils. I guess the good news for barling collectors is that, if rarity is a factor in value, the value of their collection just went up.

In addition to missing the pipe, i feel that i have failed in my custodial duty in preserving an irreplacable artifact of mid 20th century western civilization.

OTOH now i get to shop for a replacement :)
Anybody know of good places to look?

YIKES! These seem a lot pricier than they were a few years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: edger

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Do you mean the stem or the shank? If it is a Canadian and snapped an inch from the bowl, I think that would be the briar shank, not the Vulcanite stem. As Confucius say, first define the terms. It could probably be re-glued, by a pro if you want a first rate job, or you could try to give it some more years of life yourself. Sorry to hear of the mishap.

Status
Not open for further replies.