PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
Friday night I ordered 2 pipes from SmokingPipes and then 5 pieces of in clothing from Lands End.
SP immediatly processed and shipped my order. They estimated a Tuesday delivery. I received the box on Monday.
Way to go, guys!

Lands end, not so swift. I heard nothing, other than confirmation and taking the money from my account, I emailed them Monday inquiering about my order. They replied it's been processed, that's it. Finally today, Tuesday, they sent an email that the order has shipped.
A day later than I received an order for pipes placed within minutes of each other.

A minor bitch I know, but it just shows the difference in customer service between companies out there doing online business.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
so you ordered Friday and it still wasnt shipped on Monday.
Ever heard of a weekend
I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW.\;)

strange how we dont wait anymore,i am as bad as anyone

Last edited:
Reactions: boatme99
so you ordered Friday and it still wasnt shipped on Monday.
Ever heard of a weekend
I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW.\;)

strange how we dont wait anymore,i am as bad as anyone
I remember when I ordered my first Kindle, and it arrived the same day I ordered it, I was "holy crap!" I knew then that Amazon was going to ruin people when it comes to shipping expectations.
I still get things the day after I order them on Amazon. More than two days, and I am pacing the floors, ha ha.

It wasn't that long ago that people just expected 6-8 weeks on anything from UPS or USPS.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I remember when I ordered my first Kindle, and it arrived the same day I ordered it, I was "holy crap!" I knew then that Amazon was going to ruin people when it comes to shipping expectations.
I still get things the day after I order them on Amazon. More than two days, and I am pacing the floors, ha ha.

It wasn't that long ago that people just expected 6-8 weeks on anything from UPS or USPS.
I still expect to wait,even if I order from Athens Greece it will take 3 days at least to get to me in Corfu Greece.
If it is from outside Greece currently I expect 10-12 days for it to sit and wait to clear customs after being unloaded at the airport.then a further 3-4 days to travel onwards to me.

the only exception of the Customs delay appears to be DHL and UPS who I understand have there own clearing agents but of course you pay a lot more for the service compared with normal postal

I still expect to wait,even if I order from Athens Greece it will take 3 days at least to get to me in Corfu Greece.
If it is from outside Greece currently I expect 10-12 days for it to sit and wait to clear customs after being unloaded at the airport.then a further 3-4 days to travel onwards to me.

the only exception of the Customs delay appears to be DHL and UPS who I understand have there own clearing agents but of course you pay a lot more for the service compared with normal postal
Awesome,. so your in Corfu?! My wife has a stack of real-estate files on moving to Corfu. It has been all she has talked about for a year or so now. I may be a neighbor is she has her way, ha ha.

Reactions: paulfg
Status
Not open for further replies.