New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I am a Swiss pipe smoker who works as a teacher at a vocational school.

Ever since I can remember I have been enthusiastic about tobacco, I just love the historical and cultural dimension surrounding our favorite plant!
Furthermore, I like being part of the pipe community and exchanging interesting thoughts with likeminded people.
I am also an avid hunter and think there is nothing better than watching the sun rise out in the woods while I am smoking a nice bowl of baccy and pondering the great questions of human existence.
Lastly, I am also glad to let you know that Wallace Stevens is one of my favorite poets, so this should explain my user name.

I started smoking the pipe around 2014 and am mostly a smoker of straight Virginia tobaccos as well as Latakia-based mixtures. Lately I have also witnessed a reawakening of my palate to the pleasures of a well made Virginia Perique tobacco. When it comes to all time favorites, I'd have to point into the direction of McClelland Matured Virginias No. 22 and No. 24 but these days I carefully guard my stash. I am also partial to Rattray's Red Rapparee and SG St. James Flake but then again preferences often change over time.

I love and collect a lot of different pipes but nothing beats the mouthfeel and taste of my favorite one, a slender Upshall.

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
Hi guys. I am a Swiss pipe smoker who works as a teacher at a vocational school.

Ever since I can remember I have been enthusiastic about tobacco, I just love the historical and cultural dimension surrounding our favorite plant!
Furthermore, I like being part of the pipe community and exchanging interesting thoughts with likeminded people.
I am also an avid hunter and think there is nothing better than watching the sun rise out in the woods while I am smoking a nice bowl of baccy and pondering the great questions of human existence.
Lastly, I am also glad to let you know that Wallace Stevens is one of my favorite poets, so this should explain my user name.

I started smoking the pipe around 2014 and am mostly a smoker of straight Virginia tobaccos as well as Latakia-based mixtures. Lately I have also witnessed a reawakening of my palate to the pleasures of a well made Virginia Perique tobacco. When it comes to all time favorites, I'd have to point into the direction of McClelland Matured Virginias No. 22 and No. 24 but these days I carefully guard my stash. I am also partial to Rattray's Red Rapparee and SG St. James Flake but then again preferences often change over time.

I love and collect a lot of different pipes but nothing beats the mouthfeel and taste of my favorite one, a slender Upshall.
Welcome from Durham in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.