PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kainekanzo

Lurker
Jun 19, 2022
Shortened. The original:
How to gift pipe tobacco kits without tobacco samples drying out on recipient, yet not complicating the gift?

So I want to give a nice kit to some key people in my life to encourage them in picking up the hobby. Especially those who used to dabble in codger blends decades ago.

$75 pipe, pipe cleaners, clipper lighter, Czech tool, and a variety of 3-4 tobacco's of different varieties.

I want the gift to be simple/compact, relaxed, and non intimidating so I didn't want to have to tell them to be sure to jar each tobacco and make a big deal about it, or give them a big nap sack with them already jarred.

Should I just get a few different ounces from an online retailer so they're already labeled in zip locks and give them to the recipient all shoved together in one jar so they can enjoy the different tobaccos whenever they get around to it?

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Shortened. The original:
How to gift pipe tobacco kits without tobacco samples drying out on recipient, yet not complicating the gift?

So I want to give a nice kit to some key people in my life to encourage them in picking up the hobby. Especially those who used to dabble in codger blends decades ago.

$75 pipe, pipe cleaners, clipper lighter, Czech tool, and a variety of 3-4 tobacco's of different varieties.

I want the gift to be simple/compact, relaxed, and non intimidating so I didn't want to have to tell them to be sure to jar each tobacco and make a big deal about it, or give them a big nap sack with them already jarred.

Should I just get a few different ounces from an online retailer so they're already labeled in zip locks and give them to the recipient all shoved together in one jar so they can enjoy the different tobaccos whenever they get around to it?
I have a very generous friend who sends me samples whenever he opens a new tin
Ziplock bags work well and will maintain the humidity for some months if placed in a container or in a larger ziplock bag with other samples.
Unless you’re living in a zero humidity environment.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Most of the online dealer off 1 ounces samples of the various tobacco product for roughly $4 a sample. You can then order from them an inexpensive Rossi pipe that should go for less than $50.

Reactions: OzPiper

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
If you care about presenation then small zips inside a reusable but inexpensive cansister with a silicone seal or in one mason jar. That would all fit nicely into a little box.