PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I've browsed but, I haven't bought from Marty Pulver's before. After reading the listing on this pipe, it makes me want to shop there. Maybe that's what he was trying to do? After reading the posts about him it just reassures that he's being genuine and not just trying to psych customers.

It's nice to buy from a vendor you don't have to worry about and be happy with, regardless of the end result. For this, I would gladly pay more if someone else had the same pipe for less.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
pruss said:

Marty is one of the good guys in pipe sales ...
Absolutely true ... I spent many an hour in Sherlock's Haven with cigar in hand watching the crowd pass by on Battery St and watching Marty interact with the customers ... he is an absolute treasure and one of the best tobaccanists in the last half century ...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've heard a few interviews with Marty (one on the PipesMagazineRadio podcast) and he is definitely a straight shooter. Not surprisingly, that Pete has been on his site for a couple of years. I sort of suspect if anyone actually tried to buy it, he wouldn't sell it!
I think working with him at the shop would have been one interesting experience.
He's one of the true "characters" of the pipe world. I hope we're never short a few Marty's. (on the East Coast, Mel Feldman comes to mind)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Marty is the man. I for one appreciate his honesty as I would be pissed if someone tried selling me a pipe with all those issues and nothing was said.
Peterson has continually shown that they obviously could care less about their customers. For a pipe that costs that much money to leave their factory is an utter disgrace. A pipe of that level should be gone over with a fine tooth comb before it ever leaves the factory. Until people stop buying their pipes, Peterson will continue to push inferior pipes onto the market place.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson made fine pipes for a long time, and still does, it seems, most of the time. But I see a lot of complaints.

I've been lucky and my five or six (I think it is) Petersons are well crafted and durable. Peterson can certainly do it, if

they will.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I was having trouble with Paypal one time and he said send me a check .The pipe arrived before the check did , Marty is the man . My Nording was listed as new ,ugly ,well seasoned and well drilled or something along those lines . I do not own a Pete as reading Martys posts on them is never quite positive .Marty you the best :D

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Obviously not the best sales pitch, but gotta give him credit for being honest. That's very this day and age. It also leaves no room for the buyer to complain about the pipe as they were fore warned. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.