SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
I have spent the last 10 years or so searching out strange and wonderful pipes. My favorite shape by far is the bulldog/Rhodesians. So, without further ado, here are a few samples of different parts of my collection.

This is the Comoy's family photo. Top to bottom. 499 Extraordinaire, 498 Royal, Tradition 440. Took me a while to get them with the 498 being one of the best pipe bargains I have had.

Some interesting British wood here. From top to bottom: GBD Fantasy something or another (nomenclature is pretty well gone), Barling's Make pre-transition, Loewe silver mounted. These are all pipes that I got pretty great deals on as well.

Some more Brits here. Top to bottom: St Regis (yes, I know it's an author...close enough for me), Haymarket, Nu-Old. All seconds (the Haymarket is perfect though).

Now the Kaywoodies. Top to bottom: Heritage - these were rumored to have been Kaywoodie's answer to Dunhill pipes, Pipe of the Year 2005, Christmas 2012 and an unsmoked 4-digit Super Grain.

Finally, the oddities. Top one is a Walt Disney World pipe that is made in London England and marked 409...yep, it's a Comoy's. Bottom one is just strange. It's a Wally Frank and I'll just leave it at that.

I may post more this summer when I have time to organize my collection but I've got more GBDs, some Canadian made bullies from Trypis, Blatter and I think I've got a Brigham somewhere. Yeah, I have a problem. Also coming this summer, my pre-ww2 collection.

Hope you all enjoy looking at these despite the crappy photography.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All handsome burners. For some reason the Kaywoodies made my heart quicken the most. The glory days. They still make a good pipe, but not as grand. At some point in the 1950's, Kaywoodie was the primo brand and Dunhill was an understudy. How times have changed.

Reactions: captainsousie
Aug 1, 2012
All handsome burners. For some reason the Kaywoodies made my heart quicken the most. The glory days. They still make a good pipe, but not as grand. At some point in the 1950's, Kaywoodie was the primo brand and Dunhill was an understudy. How times have changed.
Thank you sir! I started out as a snob who hated Kaywoodie but found out over the years that they had made a lot of top-end burners. Since then I've gotten a few older ones and special edition pipes from them. They can be especially great...except for the stems on the newer (2000 on) ones...buttons are too small. The old ones are in a class of their own up until the 2-digit transition. After that, you take your chances with anything but the highest grades.

Aug 1, 2012
Wonderful pipes. I'm a bulldog lover myself. They were the first shape I was really attracted to when I first started smoking. Does the Disney World pipe have the mickey ears as the stem logo? Awesome!
Yep, the stem logo is still pretty crisp too.