PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Funny how we develop deep attachments to the simplest of tools.
If you mean detached tools, lol, yep, I've got a little pocket knife I've had since I was 9 that still gets used, nothing special as a knife at all but I occasionally get anxious looking for it when I forget where I left it. A padlock I bought when I was 12 to put on my locker in junior high and then used in 9th grade and then on my trunk at home the rest of HS that had all my stuff that was nobody else's business is around the garage or basement somewhere. After decades of non use and often years in between sightings, I still know the combination is 3-27-1.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Metal fatigue is a terrible thing. I like pipe nails a lot, though i have a row of other pipe tools that are more elaborate, and of course Czech tools. Though pipe tools have a way of getting lost, a pipe nail, costing a buck, seems to be impossible to lose. I do have to hunt through my pocket to find it among the keys and match box, but if I scoop everything out, there it is. I think it has cab or uber fare to find its way home if I drop it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
really dig my 8 deco tamper. And it looks cool too and works better then I thought it would. I only bought it under the theory that I would be less likely to misplace it in a permanent way (which is true) and safe money instead of buying another three or four chezch tools. But it does work better for me. Not only does the contact lense shape of the foot help but the ridges are great for the way I pack flakes (pulled apart not rubbed out) as it can kind of file down the more stubborn bits.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I have a Rodgers PipeKnife that I want to love, but the bloody tamper is too small. The ubiquitous pipe nail has a good sized tamperso I go to that moreoftenthan that. WhenI was a carpenterI'djust buy a pound of 3" smooth copper roofing nails.
Shit! Why does my space key on this damned IPad never work? A grubby screen is probably the culprit.