PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
I just returned from a whirlwind five days in New York. My son, Gabriel, and his band, Dog Soldier Society http://dogsoldiersociety.com had a launch party for their new CD Fire on the Bowery. Gabe writes the lyrics and is lead singer/frontman for the band.
They held the party at a trendy nightclub that is an old Vaudville theater on the Lower East Side. The party was well attended by friends, music industry people and media with Rolling Stone, Billboard, Spin, The New York Times, The Village Voice and other media outlets there.
The music is solid, no nonsense Rock n' Roll and the CD is available at Itunes, Amazon, CD Baby etc. You can listen to samples at Amazon
Gabriel has worked hard for this, scraping by in New York for six years now and paying dues with this band for three years. In the liner notes, he put Nancy and me at the top of the list of thank yous and acknowledgments.
2012-2-29%2520Dog%2520Soidier%2520Society_063.jpg

Gabe me and his girlfriend Leeann.

_DSC5712.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It is terrific Rock & Roll is still alive in NYC, I hope it never goes out of style. It's great you could make the trip and see the show, sometimes Dads/life doesn't always afford those opportunities, seize them when you are able.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Hmm.. Just had a first listen on iTunes. Gabriel's voice has kind of a Tom Waits growl/raspiness to it. The music / rhythm has a Ramones, Judas Priest sound to it. (get it all, damn thing)

Maybe some John Cale on the slower ones like crawl.
All in all, I'll have to listen to it a couple more times, but good stuff. You can be a proud dad !

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very cool...congrats! Authenticity is in short supply these days...especially in the music world. Glad to see there are still some bands and artists out there who are for real...as opposed to all of the phony, corporate-generated crap that passes for pop-culture now.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
And he'll even give the old man a kiss in public! Congrats to you and your son!

Status
Not open for further replies.