PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
With all due respect, it’s a bad habit.
No, it’s story telling which is about providing new interpretations on old stories. The Bible is full of stories and stories are useful to reveal hidden truths not able to be seen until the light is tweaked with different wave lengths so to say. Like ultraviolet light on hotel comforters, there are all sorts of hidden truths waiting to be revealed. Scripture is simply a thorny issue for some when it comes to story telling. But I stand by my story. i It illustrated the point I wanted to make. Taking exception to the story reinforces the point as well. It’s a win win. But I do understand your point.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Imos pizza is a somewhat divisive subject.
I’m not a big fan although I have a few friends who can’t get enough. Perhaps if I start drinking Coors and smoking Frosty Mint I’ll come to appreciate Imos more:)
Saint Louis Pizza. Just like BBQ Pork Steaks, and toasted Ravioli and gooey butter cake, reveals in being an acquired taste. Like Saint Louis and frosty mint. Both are best in small small doses.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
My biggest vice is just how gorgeous I am. I can't help it. Women are just drawn to me like a puppy to a bone. I have thought about maybe getting a scar or a big face tattoo to protect my virtue, but why mess with what God gives you? It's just a curse that I must bare. puffy
Your post reminds me of something another cultural icon once said…
4E431392-6871-4E62-87E4-718102DB10FD.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Probably writing behaviors, which sounds pretty benign, but I've been waiting to burst onto the world literary and intellectual stage like a second sun, and so far the whole fandango is merely therapy, with a few print appearances -- well quite a few -- over the years. At least it sounds quite vice-free, especially when I can get others to buy into my fantasy. Sometimes it is actually hard work. Hello Knopf, hello Random House.

Reactions: JOHN72

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I used to have just about every bad habit you could have. Now at 63 my only vice is pipe smoking. It is a miracle that I lived past 50. The crew I ran with were serious about our indulgences.

Reactions: JOHN72

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I don’t really know. I started about September of last year. I’ve got 6-8 boxes full. So many lbs. and I have a 4 drawer system for my daily go to. Top is Virginia based, 2nd is English/Balkan, 3rd is Burley/Kentucky etc, 4th is a catch all. Aromatics I don’t smoke anymore but give away some and jars I just can’t fit into a category but like. I would say I’ve got 60 jars open, not in boxes.
My sense is that you're quite an experienced pipe smoker so forgive me if I'm telling you how to suck lemons [With tequila for those who may not know. Always with a tequila. The good stuff. Don't forget the salt] but the thing is that many of us go through changes in taste.

How long since you smoked an aromatic or semi-aro?

There was a time when I went off aromatics for several months. Glad I didn't sell or gift any [too expensive here to replace]. My taste for semi-aro's came back. [Now I vary genres through a day - that seems to be the trick to avoid those changes in taste]

Hope you're not giving away your unobtainable aro's. Ya just never know . . .

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
Well if we go by traditional explanation of vices:

“A vice is a moral failing or a bad habit. Traditional examples of vice include drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco, and gambling in card games. But anything can be a vice, as long as there’s someone out there who views it as bad behavior or a moral weakness.”

I mean, the first three, yeah I grew up in Vegas. I’m happily married now, but some of the nights I spent in the company of a few fiery redheads; let’s say I was morally weak, but very satisfied. Jesus understood. Thank you Jesus!!