PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Well, I thought I wanted the Dracula pipe in the straight billiard, but when I saw this one I decided I liked it better:
Dracula Pipe
So many of the examples I've seen don't have a well defined black ribbon in the stem like this one. I have to decide what sufficiently evil blend to smoke in it first.

Jul 15, 2011
I have a tin of it somewhere, never tried it. A couple of guys on the youtube circuit have nicknamed it "Van Helsings Blend" because of the cross.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I like it quite a bit. It's a latakia with a pronounced aromatic topping added. In one of those pick five blends for a desert island polls, it would definitely make the cut.

Jul 12, 2011
Would like one of the Goblin series bacci pipes and some

nice dark/earthy blend to fit it nicely ;-)
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/goblins.shtml

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Here you go, the perfect tobacco for just such a pipe!
http://tewksburycompany.com/newsite/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=200

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Has anyone got one of the Peterson Dracula Series pipes? I found a nice new one, but reading the above post saying it is painted rather than stained. So, if you have smoked one, could you give some feed back please?
Cheers

Mark.

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
They are a bit cheaper than that here in the UK ($75). I love the look of the pipes, but don't want one if it isn't going to get smoked at least once a week. I enjoy the other Petersons I have, but I'm not sure about a painted bowl.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been wanting one of those for months but can never seem to find one on smokingpipes.com or cupojoes.com . I might end up going to a local shop and seeing if they could order it for me.

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
The UK site that has some Dracula's in stock claim the got the last 4 from the production run, so I'm afraid you won't be able to order one if they don't have it in stock. I'm in two minds as I could get a fine hand made Blakemar Pipe from a local artisan for only about $10 more.
Why did they have to paint the bowl???

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
An update for anyone considering getting one of the Dracula series - It seems this series is not painted but stained instead.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I really like those Talbert pipes but a bit too expensive for me.
These Ollie pipes are interesting.
http://oompaulpodcast.squarespace.com/monstrosities-for-adoption/

Status
Not open for further replies.