A Pipe Come Back (a newbie but not quite)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjgoh

Lurker
Feb 25, 2013
Hello everyone! I'm CJ all the way from Singapore. Thought I join Pipesmagazine after reading one or two informative articles, and also, there aren't any dedicated Pipe or Pipe Smoking Forums where I'm at.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Well we're glad to have ya.
Welcome to the forums.
Feel free to post up some pictures of the landscape in Singapore! :mrgreen:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome CJ, nice to see you here. After visiting HK and China, I fell in love with Asia. Singapore is a place I would love to visit some day.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Welcome CJ, I spent about a month in the Regent Hotel and loved every moment I was in Singapore. I found some really nice pipes in a Pipe and Cigar shoppe in the Orchard Parade Hotel at the corner of Tanglin and Orchard Rd. At the time I was just getting into pipe smoking and everything in that part of Singapore is quit expensive so I passed on them. I won't pass them up if I ever get the chance to go back.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Welcome, CJ!
I hope you'll be able to take some time reading through the forums. Of course, it's fun just to catch up on all of the more-recent posts. But if you dig a little deeper into the archives, you'll find that there are literally years of helpful posts here! Also, don't overlook the "Pipes Magazine Radio Show" link at the top of the page; it's a webcast you can stream/download -- all about pipes and tobaccos, with new hour-long episodes offered every week.
The danger is that if you come here frequently, it won't be long before you'll be placing tobacco orders for all of the blends that people are raving about! :) Not sure what the charges might be if you're ordering from Singapore, but I'm guessing there are vendors who advertise here (and on the Radio Show) who can definitely help you out.
Bob

cjgoh

Lurker
Feb 25, 2013
Thank you all for such a warm reception. its now 5:50am Singapore time, & I'm in my car smoking my Rattray Old Gowrie, puffing some MacBaren flake. And sure, I sure will upload some pics from where I live. Really differs from downtown. I be back later, gotta move now. Thanks again guys. :)

Dec 24, 2012
Hey cjgoh, I visited Singapore a couple years back on business. Have fond memories of the Raffles hotel. Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.