PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Would anyone happen to know what happened with that website?

"Neill's Blog - A Passion for Pipes".

He wrote an article about author pipes that I found quite interesting at the time, I saved the link but now I can't reach it. :crying:

May 31, 2012
Hopefully a book will be forthcoming,

and hopefully it shall be as thick as an oldschool telephone book!

:!:
I'm working with a number of authors who are or should be writing their manuscript. Their topics are diverse: meerschaum, Peterson Pipes, tobacco, Dunhill Pipes, fiction, and yet more that defy categorization or title. The authors have no deadlines which I know of. As such there are no release dates to speak of...
...and this will have to include what most were expecting to be Roan's first book, A Passion For Pipes.
Such is publishing!

http://briarbooks.com/Home_Page.html
:puffy:

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Is there a way to contacting the author of that blog/website? Is he here on the forum ?

I believe we had another post about this last week. Kevin said that he is in discussion (if I am not mistaken) about moving that website to this server to make it a part of pipesmagazine.com

But, this will most likely be after the book. This is all based on my poorly operating memory. Someone may want to find that link.

May 31, 2012
Kevin is working on it.
That is totally awesome!!!!!

:clap:
Besides all the posts on the blog,

I always found the comment-stream to be a wealth of good information and continued dialogue,

I hope that the comments are preserved as well.
And,

the Vintages Project was of vital importance,

I'm sad that the VP is gone too.

May 31, 2012
Hey Arno --- I'm pretty sure but I gotta find it and hopefully it'll go in email w/o zipping or whatever, if I don't happen to have it, I do have a print out and could xerox it and send a copy via snail mail.
I'm in the habit of printing stuff out on actual paper as the online world is so ephemeral and fleeting,

a printed book is immortal,

whereas the internet will always die,

entropy is encoded.

Status
Not open for further replies.