PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
New to me but not these Forums - a 1922 GBD bent Bulldog courtesy of a very generous Jason (@klause) who has decided to pass this on.

The original post was titled "GBD Xtra Bent Bulldog" on Sept 18, 2014. It's in terrific shape for its age - no fills that I can see or chatter on the stem. Especially chuffed as it's from my Dad's birth year.

The hallmarks are almost completely buffed out, so the detective work by our resident experts in dating this was really image.jpgimpressive. It is generously sized (@ group 5)

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
And look at it this way, if you get tired of lugging it around or what not, it’s a big pipe, you could always resell it down the line.. I’m sure there are other pipe smokers within a couple hundred km radius of you.. You know, regrettably of course..

Just kidding, hope it smokes well plus being your Dad’s birth year makes it a special find. puffy

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Thanks, Brendan.

I first came across this pipe in Jason's post when lurking on the Forums. At that stage my main interest was old BritWood pipes, and straight Bulldogs in particular. It was love at 1st sight. I contacted Jason who generously promised I'd get 1st dibs if he decided to pass on the pipe, and this arrived in Monday's mail.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Thanks, Brendan.

I first came across this pipe in Jason's post when lurking on the Forums. At that stage my main interest was old BritWood pipes, and straight Bulldogs in particular. It was love at 1st sight. I contacted Jason who generously promised I'd get 1st dibs if he decided to pass on the pipe, and this arrived in Monday's mail.
Good bunch on this forum ?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
And look at it this way, if you get tired of lugging it around or what not, it’s a big pipe, you could always resell it down the line.. I’m sure there are other pipe smokers within a couple hundred km radius of you.. You know, regrettably of course..

Just kidding, hope it smokes well plus being your Dad’s birth year makes it a special find. puffy
Nice try bro. I’ve already spoken to @OzPiper’s wife and she has agreed to sell me his pipes for $20 each if I take at least 10 at a time.