A New Tinsky In My Rack (pix)

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Some folks here may remember seeing this Tinsky hawkbill I bought a while back.

Well, not only did I think it was absolutely stunning to look at, but it has been producing killer-good smokes every time!

So I just had to get another Tinsky pipe. (It must be the Greek briar he uses.) The choice? A bulldog -- my 2nd favorite shape.
So, just in from Mark Tinsky's shop in Wolf Creek, Montana, a freshly minted bulldog based on his Christmas 2011 Dark Blast design.

The chamber is ¾" wide and 1¼" deep. The pipe is 5¼" long and weighs only 40 grams.

The drilling is perfect and it passes a pipe cleaner like it had eyes.

The walls of the bowl are so smooth they feel as if they had been polished.

keith929

Preferred Member
Nov 23, 2010
Great looker. I have several Tinsky pipes from the 70s and they never fail to deliver a great smoke.

hodirty

Preferred Member
Jan 10, 2013
As previously stated, Stunning. Hope she is just as well, or better than the hawkbill cousin.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Both of my pipes are Lucite, or some kind of plastic -- but then again, that's what I prefer.

It wouldn't hurt to ask if he is willing to use some other material.

That insert in the stem is something he calls Beaucote. I searched but couldn't find out what it is, but it looks like wood.

tbradsim1

Preferred Member
Jan 14, 2012
Beautiful pipe Larry, I bought a small Tinsky smooth Hawkbill from Briar Blues and I am very happy with it. Stunning shape.

jah76

Preferred Member
Jun 27, 2012
Mr. Tinsky can just nail those bulldog and rhodesian shapes.
Congrats Cortez!

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Great looking pipe. I think Rad might have done the blast on that one, it looks like his work. I am sure it will be a great smoker for you, congrats.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
You could be right. I'm not sure what it was that Mark said, exactly, but I somehow got the impression that it was blasted

by someone else.

pipinho

Apr 1, 2013
that is one beautiful pipe. Still havent gotten myself one yet but I'm waiting to spoil myself for a special occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.