PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was fortunate to win this auction for a very good price making this Rad my 22nd in the collection. This pipe is my first Rad Cherrywood and I am looking forward to smoking it. It fits every one of my criteria for a flake pipe. It measures the following:

Length 5 1/2"

Bowl height 2"

Bowl depth 1 3/4"

Inside bowl width 13/16"

Weight 46.6 grams
This is a solid group 5 with a weight perfect for clenching. The nice thick walls should provide a nice cool smoke.

rad211-600x450.jpg

radcherry-600x450.jpg

radthick-600x450.jpg

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Nice pipe, cgrmaster! You mention that clench-ability is important for you, but is the sit-ability of a pipe's shape important for you, Harris?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks Bradley, I am sure it will smoke great.
thomas, thanks. In terms of sitablility I have never bought a pipe based on that feature. My ashtray holds 2 pipes so being a sitter gives me no advantage. Now if I didn't use a pipe ashtray, that feature may have more importance.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice, you have an impressive Rad Davis collection. They definitely don't turn up that often, people are hanging onto them!

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I recognize that pipe, Harris.
In fact, I used to own it.
Rad gave to me because it accidentally got soaked in a tub of antifreeze for several weeks in his garage, then fell into his neighbor's septic tank. So, I used it as a cat toy for a couple years. Daisy seemed fascinated by the aroma. I finally got tired of having to fish it out of her litter box, though (she kept burying it), so cleaned it up and sent it on its eBay way.
I'm delighted that it found a new home. :D
Enjoy! :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
What a treat, with this cold weather you can smoke it outside as it will never freeze:and they will never put down the tobbaco you smoke in it because it will always smell like SHIT!. :rofl:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
George and Bradley, funny stuff guys. I did buy it from a guy I have done business with before he goes by Colwright. Hopefully he had an ozone machine. :nana:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I received the pipe yesterday and am smoking it as I type. It is in pristine condition and is smoking like all of my Rad's, very nicely. I am getting just a hint of Lakeland which is going to take a few bowls to get rid of but other than that, I am very happy with my latest Rad.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
Looks great. I bought my first Rad on Ebay awhile back. It shipped from NC on 1/2, then it ended up in Guam, somehow on over to HI, and now I'm still waiting here in AZ.....
I'm trying to be patient....

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I am getting just a hint of Lakeland which is going to take a few bowls to get rid of...
Daisy cracked up when she read that part. (Have you ever seen a cat laugh convulsively?)
Um. riiiight. Lakeland. That's it... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.