PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Hah after biding my time for a good deal I finally got myself a Dunhill. What a beaut! A hell of a good smoker as well.
I'll re-size the photo if desired but y'can't blame a fella for being proud.
Dunhill.jpg

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Nice! Nothing better than a good deal on a good smoker, and a Dunhill must make it really sweet.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice...finally joined the big D club...congrats! I hold the notion of obtaining one someday in the back of my mind. Enjoy every puff! :puffy:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Nice Dunnie. Glad she is a good smoker. My one and only Dunhill is a consistently flawless smoker.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Thanks fellas, I'm certainly tickled pink to finally find out what all the fuss about Dunhill pipes is. I'm not sure about the price of a new one but for what I paid it was certainly well worth it.
JC, like hunger is the best seasoning a bargain makes a sweet pipe sweeter. :lol:

Brian, with a little patience I'm positive that you'll have one of your own someday.

Ohin, it's certainly no mystery as to why. Examining the construction of this one showed me just how much attention is paid. The mortise is drilled very well and the tenon is a perfect fit with the draft hole continuing perfectly.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@ichbinmuede: Yeah, I haven't gotten into the whole estate pipe game yet, and new Dunhills seem over priced compared to many of the other choices out there. But if and when I decide to shop for an estate, I'll probably be looking to pick up a Dunhill.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Yeah it's true they seem over priced to I as well. I mean, yes, this one I've got is a great smoker but $500 nice? I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much at this point in my life.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice Dunhill ich. I think my first will be an estate. It's not high on my priority list so with time on my side sooner or later the right one will come along. Enjoy that great pipe! I love the color and sandblast on that one.

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
The big question? Is it worth 5x - 10x the other pipe price?

Best of luck........

It's all of our goals to have at least 1 in the rack.

ahpui

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2012
When you get a Dunhill, it's not just a pipe but the whoe string of history that comes with it.
If just for a smoke and you want to talk price? Get a cob.
I love my cob but I have 3 big D and longing for more!
Dunhill make you want to smoke with a drum of whiskey in your hand, sitting in the smoking room with a smoking jacket on, sitting on a big single sofa looking around at all the leather bounded books in your library.
Ok... Most of it dream up, especially about the chair and library thingy but you get my idea.......

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Enjoy the Dunhill!

That is a name I don't have in my collection but soon hopefully!

Like I said in a previous thread; you have now enticed me to buy a Dunhill!

Wallet: "D*** you! He has a problem don't encourage it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.