PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
Have seen references for years, and more recently after reading an article by Dan Locklair in the NASPC newsletter and listening to an old episode from Brian Levine's podcast, decided to pull the trigger and add a Julius Vesz 'Raindrop' to the collection. I appreciate the history and craftsmanship associated with Mr. Vesz, so was very excited. Came yesterday and am looking forward to its initial smoke.
tempImage5QPf7c.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a unique design, eye-catching. Does the chamber open out below the narrow brim? If so, it looks like it would hold a world of blend. I think that's rustication, not blast, done with a discerning hand.

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
That's a unique design, eye-catching. Does the chamber open out below the narrow brim? If so, it looks like it would hold a world of blend. I think that's rustication, not blast, done with a discerning hand.
No. It is a more narrow chamber, probably in the area of a group 4. Perfect size for me.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Have seen references for years, and more recently after reading an article by Dan Locklair in the NASPC newsletter and listening to an old episode from Brian Levine's podcast, decided to pull the trigger and add a Julius Vesz 'Raindrop' to the collection. I appreciate the history and craftsmanship associated with Mr. Vesz, so was very excited. Came yesterday and am looking forward to its initial smoke.
View attachment 125852
like that pipe. But honestly first thing it made me think about was.....This Guy

• Haha
Reactions: pipesandscotch