PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lesson one in public health environmental health sciences, every trusted material in common use is not safe.

Really, not all asbestos is dangerous. I buy asbestos for several applications for my foundry for metals, and also the soldering pads that I use at my bench are asbestos. I believe it is a frayed fiber loose asbestos that is illegal now, going on a conversation I had with a distributor years ago. But yeh, why risk it in a pipe, especially when they can just use graphite to more easily make pipes, ha ha. The worst burn I have ever gotten was when I tried a new soldering pad product made of graphite. It actually caught my workbench on fire, and when I tried to push it off the bench, it was hotter than the piece I was soldering. I believe that was when I had the conversation with the distributor about the wonderfulness of asbestos, ha ha.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I own one those pipes. I'll have to post a picture of it. I bought it because I deal with asbestos almost every day at fire scenes. I know asbestos dangers are real and I also see how much money is scammed from the system for remediation.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I found this pic on the web a couple of years ago, and no, I didn't buy it. 8O
il_fullxfull1044439320_hd98-600x301.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.