PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Two years ago, inspired by @Chasing Embers and with his strong recommendation, I contacted our @cramptholomew about a Christmas pipe commission and the A Christmas Carol themed pipe he created is wonderful. Late last year (but early for Xmas ‘22) I decided to take the plunge again on a Christmas pipe but I was all over the place - he suggested holly (from his property) and rosewood as accents and then a few months later I saw a shape/style on his Instagram that was “it” and it came together in my mind when he showed me a stem idea a couple months ago or so. This is my holiday “sweets” pipe. The stem says peanut brittle to me and caramel and nuts in general, yum, and the stain on the bowl says British plum pudding (a favorite and he nailed it), and the contrast finish on the underside is really classy, IMO. The accents are just right.

I’m enjoying a Christmas blend as I type, and like my other pipe from Jason, this is flawless and I’m sipping along with the pups and a fire near the downstairs Christmas tree. Reflecting on all things good about this site and the folks here! 93CEBE11-981A-48CE-A438-0538BBBD6036.jpeg1DB442FD-5988-49B8-BD89-84C9D4C5F0BE.jpeg