PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Just got this from the local B+M today. It originally had the standard ugly yellow longer stem but this one got a new short stem more to my liking. Hangs perfect in the mouth and the weight is spot on. It has a really deep bowl and about a 3/4" diameter so will be great for flakes I think. Tried some of the Peterson Aran tobacco for it's first bowl and the draw was bang on, zero gurgle, and smoked to a fine ash finish but the thin walls got a little hot. Now I just need to get some color on it.

IMG_0449_zpsozob9xjg.jpg

IMG_0448_zpswkis9wry.jpg

IMG_0447_zpswzaqrrt3.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like a fine flake or non-aro burley smoker. The stem's just right for a shorter pipe, good balance.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I bought my first Meer recently. I actually was selling my tampers next to the man who carved meers. By the end of the day I had to buy one of his works.
I found that mine smokes like a dream. It does get hot in the hand, but that just means slow down.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Very cool. I love the fat shank, very different. I used to be biased against shorter pipes based on conjecture that you get a hotter smoke and more tongue bite, then I watched a video someone posted on Jess Chonowitsch commenting that the length didn't matter. I tried a nose warmer myself recently and love it.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I do not currently have a nosewarmer since I too thought it would smoke hot. Now have to reconsider getting one.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
Love that nosewarmer so much, I'm on the lookout for a meer poker I can convert. Everything about the size, shape just strikes a chord. How's it coloring a few months into smoking it? Any updated pics?

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Here are a few pics..... colouring slowly but haven't waxed it in a bit. Had to take about a 1/4" off the top of the rim when it decided to jump off the work bench but still a great smoking.

IMG_22891_zpsxnmvyvyb.jpg

IMG_22881_zps5vnkhakk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.