PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I had previously posted, in November, that i had asked Mark Tinsky to make a pipe for my upcoming 60th birthday. As I mentioned then, he fulfilled my wishes quickly and I have been sitting on this wonderful pipe until the expected day. Yesterday was actually my 60th but, like so many birthdays in the past, it was just another work day (and quite a long laborious one). I decided, after getting home late and receiving some nice birthday calls from daughters and grandchildren, that my 60 year old body needed sleep more than tobacco and alcohol. So, I am personally celebrating a day late.
Here is the pipe unveiling:
91772275-8B23-4CDE-BC1E-FBD1C28239E4.jpegBD8057E1-C343-4862-86B7-96884FDB4F21.jpegB11598C3-8C85-4D02-817E-28EC735B05DF.jpeg2A403328-2D3F-4A7B-A38A-1DA93ED517F7.jpeg
I asked Mark to make a smooth large bent pot and mentioned the stains and bits I preferred. He shot back projected dimensions and had created this beauty by the next day. He already had a ”rough cut” while we were still emailing ?. It is a 1-Star with Mark’s Sunrise finish.
I have wanted a ‘Tinsky’ since the days of ASP. Back in those days, family matters took precedent, but I am now able to fulfill that wish. Mark is just the greatest guy and we commiserated about the old days on ASP, grandchildren, and the world. I cannot recommend the master or the master craft highly enough. I will be giving this the first light today.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Lovely pipe! Mark is great. You tell him what you’re thinking and he’s already making it, lol. He made a pipe for me while I was sitting in his shop bullshitting with him and smoking our pipes. It was just the coolest thing to watch him work while puffing away on some navy flake. We solved many world problems, lol. And I got a pipe.

Happy birthday and I hope you have many great smokes from your new pipe!

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks to all for the good wishes! The first smoke was everything one would expect. As I told Mark after the pipe arrived, I have a feeling this won’t be my last ‘Tinsky’ purchase. Thanks again, friends.

Reactions: kcghost