PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
2012-09-17195423_zpse0313148.jpg

I received a piece of mail on Monday from a good sir Shawn622, which included some samples of the following:
McClelland Frog Morton

Snowflake (Schurch?)

Hearth and Home Beverwyck

MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired

Cornell and Diehl Berries and Cream

G.L. Pease Jack Knife Plug

Bennington #46

Hearth and Home Berry Nice

B&B ??? (Not sure what it is)

Peter Stokkebye Peaches and Cream

Light English (Local B&M)
I'm already out of the Old Dark Fired, and almost out of the Frog Morton. I've been trying to space all of this stuff out so I can get a better understanding of each smoke. It was impossible for me to do so with those two. JKP is next to try today. My wife really likes the smell of the C&D Berries and Cream, so I might give that a puff tonight as well. I'm enjoying life right now, I must say. And ofcourse, many thanks to Shawn622 for hooking me up with these samples. I will definitely return the favor when I get some more stuff in!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I smoked 2 ounces of Beverwyck this summer, and liked it well enough to pick up an 8 ounce can. It's not something I will have constantly in rotation - very few blends are - but i definitely wanted it on hand. It's a burley with latakia and perique, harkening back to blends like Revelation or Country Doctor - although if this one is topped at all,it is very, very light.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
What brand made Snowflake? And yes Im mega enjoying. Smoked up all of the Frog. I didn't read any review that made me wanna try the stuff. Now that ive had it i dont want much of anything else.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Great Sample, A great way to try out a bunch of tobaccos without buying a full tin and not liking it!

Status
Not open for further replies.