PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I'm not sure if anyone remembers or if I even mentioned last year when my youngest daughter won the title of Miss Douglas County Outstanding Teen...which is the teen division of the Miss America organization.
Last week her term of service was up and she had to crown this year's winner for Douglas County Outstanding Teen...then fast forward a week and last night she won Miss SPARKS Outstanding Teen for yet another year of community service. For anyone wondering, Sparks is right next to Reno on the map :wink:
And for what it is worth, these girls in the Miss America organization are NOTHING like you see in the TLC network pageant crap shows. These girls MUST maintain good grades all the while working with and promoting their personal platforms AND making on average 2 per week appearances for the organization & raising a ton $$$ for the Children's Miracle Network.
With all the bad crap & bad kids that flood the news, it is a breath of fresh air for me to know that there is still a group of girls who want to be "good" and make a difference in our society. I'm extra proud that my baby girl is one of them. :clap: :crying: :D

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I am proud for you, especially in this day and age, your chest should be bursting with pride, I know when my daughter won the Mrs Metarie Title her main thing in her resume was Crew Chief :On A C130 Gunship. This is a testimony that you are doing something right. :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That's pretty cool. You are right, young ladies have to contribute a lot to win those kind of titles now (versus just being easy on the eyes). Be proud, it sounds like your daughter has her act together!

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Congrats to you and your girl, it's is refreshing to hear good news like that. I hate watching the news or any thing that is reality drama, but hearing that there are younger generations that care gives us some hope for a better future.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
You're obviously doing all the right things in the way you've raised her. Kudos to you both!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
That's really cool, Pyro, and thank you for sharing that story about your daughter.
As for Bradley and his daughter, her being a crew chief on a modern day Puff doesn't surprise me in the least.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.