PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Cellars really don't have limits.

You've got 200 dollars and you decide to spend it on your cellar. You scrutinize prices and amounts and buy accordingly .The next week you decide to buy tobacco for the hell of it and spend another 200 dollars on only your favorite tobacco at the time without any of the analysis you did the week before.

Buying tobacco isn't entirely rational, and for that matter neither is buying pipes.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Cellars really don't have limits.

You've got 200 dollars and you decide to spend it on your cellar. You scrutinize prices and amounts and buy accordingly .The next week you decide to buy tobacco for the hell of it and spend another 200 dollars on only your favorite tobacco at the time without any of the analysis you did the week before.

Buying tobacco isn't entirely rational, and for that matter neither is buying pipes.

Amen!

I've spent well over what I wanted to this month then somehow rationalize more.

Thank God it's the end of the month so I can talk myself into a reason of why i might NEED more in another week or two in a new fresh month ?

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Thank you! Yes sir, lots of guns are always near with this guy. My other wallet draining hobby ;)
I'm with you brother. I'm an engineer at a consulting firm. Conversation got started one day over investments. They were so proud of their precious metal portfolio's. Got around to me and I told them I invested in lead....high velocity to be exact. Ended that conversation.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I'm with you brother. I'm an engineer at a consulting firm. Conversation got started one day over investments. They were so proud of their precious metal portfolio's. Got around to me and I told them I invested in lead....high velocity to be exact. Ended that conversation.
With your remark the conversation ascended to an unexpected meta-level.